Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Harvest of Needed Change

S - "A large crop is in the fields, but there are only a few workers. Ask the Lord in charge of the harvest to send out workers to bring it in. Now go, but remember, I am sending you like lambs into a pack of wolves." Luke 10 TS

O - Jesus doesn't instruct us to pray for souls or for revival or the like.  He does plainly tell us that our part in the change our world needs is to pray for workers and to be one.  What kind of worker should we be?  The kind who are like sheep among wolves.  The kind who start at love, lead with mercy and then (and only then) address facts.  The kind that love unconditionally and refuse to judge.  The kind that live and inspire unity, relationships with all and the wisdom of God's Kingdom.  The kind who believe Jesus about earth. "I tell you for certain we know what we are talking about because we have seen it ourselves. But none of you will accept what we say. If you don't believe when I talk to you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I talk to you about heavenly things?" John 3 TS

A - There is a huge difference between solidarity and unity; networking and relationships, skepticism and wisdom. Jesus prayed for unity not solidarity; called us to relationships not networking and to wisdom not skepticism (sheep among wolves not a better version of a wolf). I will embrace Jesus and his instruction about life on earth, the change we need and my part in it.   I will pray for workers since the harvest is already white.  I will ask for personal transformation so I will be the kind of worker he's inviting to work with him. I will accept my daily, hourly assignment to love God and love all others as my equal.     

P - Lord of all and of the Harvest,
I am accepting your invitation to work and pray.  I am asking for workers to join you and offering myself as well.  I will believe you about earth and not just about heaven. I will refuse to become a better version of a wolf. I know my safety as a sheep among wolves is being near the shepherd. Yes to unity; yes to relationships; yes to wisdom, … yes to YOU!
All my love,
Steve  

No comments:

Post a Comment