Saturday, April 8, 2017

Earthlings and Resurrection Living

S - "“He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”” Luke 24:44-49 NIV

O - In this post resurrection interaction with his closest followers Jesus engages some essentials for life on earth. These essentials include the following: 1. He must open their minds so that they can understand the Scriptures; something quite different from the Scriptures being read, quoted and "believed in". Even though they were physically with him and taught by him the previously three plus years, this did not enable them to understand the Scriptures. 2. The result of resurrection would be an invitation to all of earth's citizens to change their thinking (the Greek for repentance) and receive release (the Greek for forgiveness) from sin in his name, i.e. in him. 3. As such, they would be his witnesses … not those who do witnessing but who are those who are experiencing his person and resurrection life in ongoing relationship and as a result are witnesses.

A - There's no escaping my ongoing need of the Spirit's help. The real Jesus is not discovered by human efforts (flesh and blood) but revealed by the Spirit. The Scriptures cannot be rightly understood by sound academics and theological frameworks according to Jesus. I admit my ongoing need for help from heaven and the change in thinking Jesus calls all people to each day. I am grateful to be his friend and witness rather than doing witnessing. I will welcome the Spirit's help to live out loud all he shows me of himself. He is life … irrepressible, vibrant, eternal. "“You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.” John 5:39-40 NIV

P -  Lord,
I admit and accept my limitations and welcome you and the enablement which comes only by your spirit. I need and welcome the ongoing opening of my mind, the transformation of my thinking, the release from sin and being your witness rather than doing witnessing. I really do love you back. Thank you for loving me/us.
All in,
Steve

3 comments:

  1. Just what I needed to hear today. "All In" , AMEN. !! Thank you Steve, for sharing your heart. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, love that we've been all in for years ... Jesus remains as amazing today as he was 2,000 years ago. Love you, brother - love to Vickie - love to all!

      Delete
  2. Steve, that means alot to me. Thank you for living a resurrected life for Jesus, as an example to this world. Much love in Christ, to you and Jan.

    ReplyDelete